Employment Practice Litigation continues to impact employers of all sizes, especially in California. Defending against Employment Practice allegations can be very costly and time consuming
The following are a few basic tips to help protect your organization from Employment Practice Liability suits:
- Update your Employee Handbook with the appropriate policies and procedures. The handbook should be reviewed by an employment attorney. Regularly continue to update and maintain the employee handbook.
- Each employee should have a copy of the Employee Handbook. The handbook should be thoroughly reviewed with the employee in detail.
- Require all employees to sign off once the handbook has been reviewed.
- Enforce the employment procedures in your handbook
- Management must be appropriately trained and follow all policies and procedures in the handbook.
- Purchase Employment Practice Liability Insurance for protection against potential claims.
Insurance should be a part of your risk management program.
Call us if you would like more info or a quote for Employment Practice Liability.